Wednesday 26 July 2017

Interesting, Extended Review of WFRP1e


So, I'm not on this blog much. Or blogging much at all, neither here or on my main blog. I've been running some Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2e - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain no less - using my Viscera! booklet to add some grim peril to the adventure. But I am perpetually stricken by bouts of gamer ADD - and while running one game I am fantasising about running another. A stack builds. Or rather stacks build, of books that I've pulled from my shelves with half a mind to making *that* my next campaign. Currently my stack is filled with BRP/d100 games (the elegance and ease with which d100 games run, and are comprehended by casual players attracts), OSR bits and bobs (there is so much creativity in OSR communities), and Fate games (I really want to 'grok' this approach to playing). But always, always wedged in those stacks is a WFRP1e or 2e book, a game that has a tight hold on my imagination. If anyone is interested, most usually it is the WFRP1e rulebook, or the 2e Career Compendium (which sparks off all kinds of sandboxy adventure ideas).

That's by-the-by, really. What I have logged into say is that the Prince of Nothing has produced an exhaustive, multi-part review of WFRP1e (in anticipation of Zweihander). Even warts-and-all reviews of WFRP1e remind me of what I'm missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment